1. Mineworkers Investment Company (RF) Proprietary Limited (“MIC”) will be allocating capital to invest in black-owned businesses that have high growth potential and employ innovative business models to serve their target markets. MIC will allocate the capital through a special purpose vehicle, MIC Khulisani Ventures (“Khulisani Ventures”), and will require interested businesses and/or applicants (“You/ User”) to register and complete an application on its electronic platform (“the Platform”).
2. Interested businesses are required to input certain information during the application process and as such, it is important to us that you understand how and why we obtain, use, process, store, verify and share your personal information (“collectively “process” or “processing” as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 (“POPIA”)). Your personal information includes the personal information of your key individuals, representatives and/or assistants, and clients, where applicable.
3. MIC, through Khulisani Ventures, shall process personal information in accordance with the instructions, requirements or specific directions as stipulated by You. Khulisani Ventures shall:
3.1. comply with security requirements set out in any of MIC’s policies;
3.2. treat personal information as strictly confidential;
3.3. ensure that all staff and any other persons that have access to the personal information are bound by appropriate and legally binding confidentiality and non-use obligations in relation to the personal information; and
3.4. take appropriate, reasonable measures to ensure that the integrity of the personal information in its possession or under its control is secure and that such personal information is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access.
4. Khulisani Ventures shall only process your personal information for a specific, lawful purpose strictly in accordance with your express written instructions and shall not carry out any related or further processing activities for any other reason whatsoever without your express prior written consent, save to the extent that Khulisani Ventures may carry out reasonable further processing strictly in order to comply with an obligation which is imposed on it by applicable law and in a manner that does not infringe on the privacy of the data subject (You), in accordance with POPIA.
5. Khulisani Ventures shall process your information for the purposes listed hereunder, namely to:
5.1. verify the identity of your key individuals, managers, staff and your clients;
5.2. provide you with services;
5.3. manage and administer your personal details;
5.4. communicate with you;
5.5. comply with your instructions and process the request as per the application;
5.6. monitor and/or record telephone calls and electronic transactions with you (including the collection of your biometric data where necessary) in order to accurately carry out the purpose of the application;
5.7. process payments for service providers and other persons that assist with the processing of your payment instructions;
5.8. provide your information to any entity within the MIC Group, including its subsidiaries and affiliates, for the purpose of improving our business and services or the business and services of the MIC;
5.9. provide third-party service providers with reports, which may include personal information relating to you, your clients and your financial information;
5.10. send your information to a third party to perform verification checks on the information provided by you to Khulisani Ventures;
5.11. assist in enhancing our offering by obtaining advise from third party service providers that are experts in specific fields;
5.12. for analysis in order to assess and improve our business offering and services;
5.13. detect and prevent fraud or money laundering, in the interests of security and prevention of crime;
5.14. comply with laws and public duties;
5.15. for operational, marketing, audit, legal and record keeping purposes;
5.16. transfer your personal information outside the borders of the Republic of South Africa (if applicable) where this is necessary to fulfil our servicing obligations. Where your personal information is transferred offshore, Khulisani Ventures confirms that adequate measures are in place to ensure the protection of your personal information and shall transfer your personal information offshore in accordance with the applicable requirements for trans-border information flow in terms of POPIA.
5.17. provide your information to contracted third parties, such as tracing agents, attorneys, debt collectors, auditors, bankers and other persons that assist with the implementation and enforcement of agreements;
5.18. provide your information to regulatory authorities, governmental departments, local and international tax authorities, and other persons that Khulisani Ventures under the law has to share your information with;
5.19. provide your information to persons to whom Khulisani Ventures cedes its rights or delegates its obligations to under agreements; and
5.20. If we become involved in a proposed or actual merger, acquisition, or any form of sale of assets, or there is a change in control at MIC, we may use and disclose your information to third parties in connection with the evaluation of the transaction. The surviving company, or the acquiring company in the case of a sale of assets, would have access to your information, which would continue to be subject to these terms.
6. We undertake solely to collect and process your information as permitted by law. If you feel we have not done so, you have the right to object. You have the right to access, correct and delete the personal information that is held about you by Khulisani Ventures.
7. To object to the processing of your personal information by Khulisani Ventures or correct, delete, or obtain a copy of the personal information Khulisani Ventures holds about you, you may email us on: email@example.com.
8. Khulisani Ventures specifically states that the information contained on this website is intended exclusively for jurisdictions falling within the Republic of South Africa.
9. Those who access this portal do so on their own initiative, and are therefore responsible for compliance with applicable local laws and regulations. By accessing each part of the Khulisani Ventures’ Portal, you agree that you have reviewed the website/Portal in its entirety including any legal or regulatory terms.
10. Khulisani Ventures reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time.
By continuing with the application, you confirm that Khulisani Ventures will process your personal information as per this our POPIA Policy.